Propylene Glycol (PG) USP/EP 99.8% (Cosmetic & pharmaceutical grade)
Propylene Glycol (PG) USP/EP is a pharmaceutical grade of Mono-Propylene Glycols (PG or MPG) with a specified purity greater than 99.8%.
Propylene Glycol PG USP/EP is tested for compliance with specifications of:
United States Pharmacopeia (USP)
European Pharmacopoeia (EP)
Japanese Pharmacopoeia (JP)
Food Chemical Codex (FCC)
It also complies with: Brazilian Pharmacopoeia (FB) and other pharmaceutical, cosmetic and food regulations. It is listed by the Personal Care Products Council† as an approved ingredient in cosmetics, and its use is reviewed by the Cosmetic Ingredient Review (CIR). Our Propylene Glycol USP/EP is Kosher and complies with Halal requirements. Propylene glycol USP/EP (pharmaceutical grade) has been approved for use as a food additive under the E-number E 1520.
Propylene Glycol USP/EP is an important ingredient for a multitude of uses, including:
- Solvent for aromatics in the flavour-concentrate industry
- Wetting agent for natural gums
- Ingredient in the compounding of citrus and other emulsified flavours
- Solvent in elixirs and pharmaceutical preparations
- Solvent and coupling agent in the formulation of sun screen, lotion, shampoos, shaving creams and other similar products
- Emulsifier in cosmetic and pharmaceutical creams
- Ingredient for low-temperature heat-transfer fluids involving indirect food contact, such as brewing and dairy uses, as well as refrigerated grocery display cases
- Very effective humectant, preservative and stabilizer, bakery goods, food flavourings and salad dressings.
- Heat Transfer Fluids
- Fragrance, Cosmetics and Personal Care
- Food and Flavourings
- Pet Food/Animal Feed
- Other Applications
- eLiquids (personal vaporizers/atomizers)
Physical Properties Units Propylene Glycol USP/EP (PG USP/EP)
Chemical Name 1,2-propanediol
CAS Number 57-55-6
EINECS Number 200-338-0
Molecular Weight 76.1
Boiling Point 760 mm Hg, °F 369.3
760 mm Hg, °C 187.4
Vapor Pressure mm Hg, 77°F (25°C) 0.13
Evaporation Rate (n-Butyl Acetate = 1) 1.57E-02
Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheets are available upon request.
|Unit Of Measure||ea|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Leonardi Laboratories Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.